Monday, September 6, 2010

Baking and Lots of It

We have been baking. ALOT.  Mostly muffins.  They are easy?  How easy? Easy enough that you shouldn't bother buying the baking mix.   It takes exactly 5 minutes to mix up the batter.  I use the recipe on What's For Lunch At Our House's website : http://bentolunch.blogspot.com/2010/04/muffin-recipe-from-yesterday.html  I have been following the blog for about a year and started making the Corn Dog Muffins first.  Corn Dog Muffins?  Chop three hot dogs, throw them and a handful of shredded cheese into a bowl of Jif Corn Muffin Mix.  Bake. Done. Yum (if you like corn dogs, which I do!)  Anyway, we have made homemade blueberry muffins and we also made a batch of zucchini and carrot muffins.  You can also halve the batter once you have mixed it, and make half a batch of one type and half of another.  So easy and as I have learned from Shannon's blog, they freeze easily. You can put anything in these muffins....chocolate chips, berries of any kind, etc. and have a great result everytime. 

You can also find the recipe for the zucchini bars we made the other day here : http://www.betterrecipes.com/blogs/daily-dish/2010/08/03/garden-fresh-zucchini-bars/
However, I would leave the cinnamon OUT of the frosting.  Or just forego the frosting all together.  The bars are great and moist on their own, and I thought the frosting gave it kind of a cinnamon roll like flavor, which wasn't what I was going for. 

Here are my helpers making the bars. Rose is sifting. I have learned that SIFTING IS IMPORTANT and if a recipe calls for SIFTED FLOUR, it means to sift it BEFORE you measure it!

Happy muffin making!

1 comment:

  1. Whitney, thanks for following along with Moments with Maisie and for your comment and I'm glad that we can make you smile. I have had numerous requests that I start posting to my bento blog again and I just need to get my act together and start, maybe this 30 posts in 30 days on Moments with Maisie will motivate me. I hope that your days with your daughter become easier and that you have fun times.

    ReplyDelete